How Codethink are using STPA for risk analysis of software-intensive systems and integrating the outputs into the engineering process.
Codethink's first ISO 26262 ASIL D Tool Certification - Deterministic Construction Service (DCS)
Codethink continues to participate in the promising RISC-V ecosystem, and we have exciting news around Freedesktop SDK and GNOME.
Everyone wants the same thing: stable software for the long term, including the latest features. To achieve this, you need to have confidence in your software and in the software you depend on, which has to come from testing.
Previously ARM servers were slower than x86, but not any more
High quality releases require high quality testing infrastructure. To show how deep OS and GUI testing can be done, let's look at the OpenQA instance we helped set up for GNOME.
As part of Codethink's interest in RISC-V, we created some simple hardware.
You’ve made a choice to use open-source software as part of your product release. That’s a great start. Open-source software projects usually have large contributing communities that help improve the software’s quality and functionality over time.
For the last few months, the BuildTeam Community has been organising a meetup to gather like-minded community members to discuss, share and exchange innovations and relevant topics and systems in build.
Applying functional safety practices to modern software-intensive systems requires a different approach to the established methods enshrined in current safety standards. Codethink have been working with Exida on a new approach to software safety for systems based on Linux.
- Does the "Hypocrite Commits" incident prove that Linux is unsafe?
- ABI Stability in freedesktop-sdk
- Why your organisation needs to embrace working in the open-source ecosystem
- RISC-V User space access Oops
- Tracking Players at the Edge: An Overview
- What is Remote Asset API?
- Running a devroom at FOSDEM: Safety and Open Source
- Meet the codethings: Understanding BuildGrid and BuildBox with Beth White
- Streamlining Terraform configuration with Jsonnet
- Bloodlight: Designing a Heart Rate Sensor with STM32, LEDs and Photodiode
- Making the tech industry more inclusive for women
- Bloodlight Case Design: Lessons Learned
- Safety is a system property, not a software property
- RISC-V: Codethink's first research about the open instruction set
- Meet the Codethings: Safety-critical systems and the benefits of STPA with Shaun Mooney
- Why Project Managers are essential in an effective software consultancy
- FOSDEM 2021: Devroom for Safety and Open Source
- Meet the Codethings: Ben Dooks talks about Linux kernel and RISC-V
- Here we go 2021: 4 open source events for software engineers and project leaders
- Xmas Greetings from Codethink
- Call for Papers: FOSDEM 2021 Dev Room Safety and Open Source Software
- Building the abseil-hello Bazel project for a different architecture using a dynamically generated toolchain
- Advent of Code: programming puzzle challenges
- Improving performance on Interrogizer with the stm32
- Introducing Interrogizer: providing affordable troubleshooting
- Improving software security through input validation
- More time on top: My latest work improving Topplot
- Cycling around the world
- Orchestrating applications by (ab)using Ansible's Network XML Parser
- My experience of the MIT STAMP workshop 2020
- Red Hat announces new Flatpak Runtime for RHEL
- How to keep your staff healthy in lockdown
- Bloodlight: A Medical PPG Testbed
- Bringing Lorry into the 2020s
- How to use Tracecompass to analyse kernel traces from LTTng
- Fixing Rust's test suite on RISC-V
- The challenges behind electric vehicle infrastructure
- Investigating kernel user-space access
- Consuming BuildStream projects in Bazel: the bazelize plugin
- Improving RISC-V Linux support in Rust
- Creating a Build toolkit using the Remote Execution API
- Trusting software in a pandemic
- The Case For Open Source Software In The Medical Industry
- My experiences moving to remote working
- Impact of COVID-19 on the Medical Devices Industry
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and Codethink
- Codethink develops Open Source drivers for Microsoft Azure Sphere MediaTek MT3620
- Codethink partners with Wirepas
- Testing Bazel's Remote Execution API
- Passing the age of retirement: our work with Fortran and its compilers
- Sharing technical knowledge at Codethink
- Using the REAPI for Distributed Builds
- An Introduction to Remote Execution and Distributed Builds
- Gluing hardware and software: Board Support Packages (BSPs)
- Engineering's jack of all trades: an intro to FPGAs
- Bust out your pendrives: Debian 10 is out!
- Why you should attend local open source meet-ups
- Acceptance, strife, and progress in the LGBTIQ+ and open source communities
- Codethink helps York Instruments to deliver world-beating medical brain-scanner
- Codethink open sources part of staff onboarding - 'How To Git Going In FOSS'
- Getting into open source
- How to put GitOps to work for your software delivery
- Open Source Safety Requirements Analysis for Autonomous Vehicles based on STPA
- Codethink engineers develop custom debug solution for customer project
- Codethink contributes to CIP Super Long Term Kernel maintenance
- Codethink creates custom USB 3 switch to support customer's CI/CD pipeline requirements
- Codethink unlocks data analysis potential for British Cycling
- MIT Doctor delivers Manchester masterclass on innovative safety methodology
- Balance for Better: Women in Technology Codethink Interviews
- Introducing BuildGrid
- Configuring Linux to stabilise latency
- GUADEC 2018 Talks
- Hypervisor Not Required
- Codethink at ELCE 2017
- Towards Trustable Software White Paper
- Why support community driven FOSS events
- Error Correcting Codes and Erasure Codes
- Introducing BuildStream
- Why Codethink is a founding member of the Civil Infrastructure Platform, a Linux Foundation initiative
- Using and understanding top to measure CPU and memory consumption
- Validating Schemas in YAML
- GENIVI Development Platform
- Codethink announces Open Fortran Compiler
- Lautsprecher Teufel Build Process Improvements Part 2
- Lautsprecher Teufel Build Process Improvements
- Visualising the Software Integration process for whole systems
- Codethink's Zara Zaimeche Interviewed on Storyboard Development
- Measuring the Iris
- How to run Standups on IRC/Slack
- Codethink Joins Automotive Grade Linux
- Codethink Sponsors systemd.conf
- Codethink's Paul Sherwood on GENIVI 'Crack in the Foundation'
- Visteon and Codethink Collaborate
- AppliedMicro and Codethink Announce Partnership
- OpenStack Public Cloud on 64-bit ARM servers with DataCentred
- First Public Baserock Meetup to be held in Manchester
- No Secret Sauce, Just Open Source
- GENIVI most valuable contributor