Careers at Codethink
Becoming a Codething is more than just a job. Codethink provides a supportive and friendly working environment with lots of room to learn and develop your professional capabilities, working on challenging and interesting projects for a range of world-leading companies.
We help our clients tackle their most complex software challenges. We not only apply technologies intelligently, but we outperform larger teams at competing organisations.
Skip to our latest roles.
We aim to be great at software design and development, and to help improve the practice of software engineering as a real engineering practice. This can be seen through our ‘Software Commandments’.
What we offer
- A competitive salary with annual salary reviews
- Personal budget of up to £2,500 per year for training and conferences
- Regular performance reviews to support your continued professional development
- Flexible approach to working
- 25 days of holiday plus the statutory bank holidays
- Supportive working environment and culture
- Desirable office location in Manchester City centre
- Opportunities to travel and do great work for our global customers
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
You'll also receive benefits such as
- Casual dress code
- Company fun days and social events
- Free snacks, fruit, tea and coffee
We regularly fund and participate in events, ranging from small open-source meetups to the biggest events in the tech industry. There are some great example on our events page.
We work on numerous projects both in the open and proprietary. As a result, we are able to offer a broad variety of interesting projects. Some great examples are as follows:
- In 2022 we collaborated with Flathub, a major Linux app store, working towards enabling payments for app developers
- Hardware bringup is a common task for our clients, check out our public work on the PinePhone, and Icicle RISC-V devboard
- We even do hardware development, recently releasing our own open-hardware USB-C switch, and a prototype heart rate sensor
- We help customers with end-to-end testing, and we've brought this to some open projects too such as Linux and GNOME
Become a Codething
If you think this could be for you and you're looking for a career at the cutting edge of technology development, we'd really like to hear from you. Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the links below to check out our latest roles.