Software Safety Engineer
Codethink is looking for innovative Safety Engineers to help us deliver safety-critical and security-critical solutions involving open source software tools and technologies. You can help us to apply and develop state-of-the-art safety engineering techniques, and automate collection of process and safety argumentation evidence for continuous compliance with applicable standards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Learn, apply and improve Codethink’s methodologies for trustable software, supply chain management, risk analysis and fault injection
- Analyse safety requirements with clients and domain experts
- Prepare specifications and assist with safety architecture design and review
- Design software test and fault injection strategies
- Prepare and review documentation in accordance with applicable standards
- Assist with continuous compliance
What are we looking for:
- Formal engineering qualification (honours degree or equivalent in electronics, electrical, mechanical, systems, process, manufacturing, computing, software)
- Willingness to grasp new technical concepts and learn new skills
- Clear and effective communication, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle pressure, uncertainty and deadlines
All of our people are expected to contribute, solve problems, figure out better ways to do things, and advance the state-of-the-art with us. Ideal candidates will have experience and interest in some of the following:
- Working with free and open source software (FOSS)
- ISO 26262, IEC 61508, STPA/STAMP, FMEA/FMECA, FTA
- Safety and cybersecurity concepts and processes
- Systems and software architecture design
Codethink provides a supportive and friendly working environment, with lots of room to learn and develop your professional capabilities, working on challenging and interesting projects for a range of world-leading companies.
If you think Codethink could be right for you, we’d love to hear from you! Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Careers Page