"Collaboration is at the heart of OpenStack. As the number of projects grow and people around the world contribute, the challenge is keeping teams on task."
Superuser's Nicole Martinelli talked to Zara Zaimeche, software developer at Codethink, about StoryBoard, a task tracking system for cross-team projects.
An excerpt from the interview:
Who will StoryBoard be most useful for?
It's most useful for someone who wants to track work that spans multiple projects (or a very big project with lots of moving parts). This could be code, but doesn't have to be. For background: a story is a goal, or set of requirements. A task is a concrete step someone takes toward meeting those requirements. Sometimes work is necessary in multiple projects in order to fulfill the requirements, so different tasks in the same story can link to different projects.
How long before it's in production?
There are instances in production at the moment, though some features are more mature than others. It splits into roughly three parts: 1) a bug-tracker, 2) a task-tracker for developers, 3) a task-tracker for project managers. The last is the newest and creakiest, but also our development focus at the moment.
You can see the full interview here.
If you’d like to learn more in person, the StoryBoarders are meeting up in Manchester on February 17 for a Mitaka MidCycle.
- Using Git LFS and fast-import together
- Testing in a Box: Streamlining Embedded Systems Testing
- SDV Europe: What Codethink has planned
- How do Hardware Security Modules impact the automotive sector? The final blog in a three part discussion
- How do Hardware Security Modules impact the automotive sector? Part two of a three part discussion
- How do Hardware Security Modules impact the automotive sector? Part one of a three part discussion
- Automated Kernel Testing on RISC-V Hardware
- Automated end-to-end testing for Android Automotive on Hardware
- GUADEC 2023
- Embedded Open Source Summit 2023
- RISC-V: exploring a bug in stack unwinding
- Adding RISC-V Vector Cryptography Extension support to QEMU
- Introducing Our New Open-Source Tool: Quality Assurance Daemon
- Long Term Maintainability
- FOSDEM 2023
- Think before you Pip
- BuildStream 2.0 is here, just in time for the holidays!
- A Valuable & Comprehensive Firmware Code Review by Codethink
- GNOME OS & Atomic Upgrades on the PinePhone
- Flathub-Codethink Collaboration
- Codethink proudly sponsors GUADEC 2022
- Tracking Down an Obscure Reproducibility Bug in glibc
- Web app test automation with `cdt`
- FOSDEM Testing and Automation talk
- Protecting your project from dependency access problems
- Porting GNOME OS to Microchip's PolarFire Icicle Kit
- YAML Schemas: Validating Data without Writing Code
- Deterministic Construction Service
- Codethink becomes a Microchip Design Partner
- Hamsa: Using an NVIDIA Jetson Development Kit to create a fully open-source Robot Nano Hand
- Using STPA with software-intensive systems
- Codethink achieves ISO 26262 ASIL D Tool Certification
- RISC-V: running GNOME OS on SiFive hardware for the first time
- Automated Linux kernel testing
- Native compilation on Arm servers is so much faster now
- Higher quality of FOSS: How we are helping GNOME to improve their test pipeline
- RISC-V: A Small Hardware Project
- Why aligning with open source mainline is the way to go
- Build Meetup 2021: The BuildTeam Community Event
- A new approach to software safety
- Does the "Hypocrite Commits" incident prove that Linux is unsafe?
- ABI Stability in freedesktop-sdk
- Why your organisation needs to embrace working in the open-source ecosystem
- RISC-V User space access Oops
- Tracking Players at the Edge: An Overview
- What is Remote Asset API?
- Running a devroom at FOSDEM: Safety and Open Source
- Meet the codethings: Understanding BuildGrid and BuildBox with Beth White
- Streamlining Terraform configuration with Jsonnet
- Bloodlight: Designing a Heart Rate Sensor with STM32, LEDs and Photodiode
- Making the tech industry more inclusive for women
- Bloodlight Case Design: Lessons Learned
- Safety is a system property, not a software property
- RISC-V: Codethink's first research about the open instruction set
- Meet the Codethings: Safety-critical systems and the benefits of STPA with Shaun Mooney
- Why Project Managers are essential in an effective software consultancy
- FOSDEM 2021: Devroom for Safety and Open Source
- Meet the Codethings: Ben Dooks talks about Linux kernel and RISC-V
- Here we go 2021: 4 open source events for software engineers and project leaders
- Xmas Greetings from Codethink
- Call for Papers: FOSDEM 2021 Dev Room Safety and Open Source Software
- Building the abseil-hello Bazel project for a different architecture using a dynamically generated toolchain
- Advent of Code: programming puzzle challenges
- Full archive